Evolutions Backup Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum is Down

5 posters

Go down

Forum is Down Empty Forum is Down

Post  Invader Zim Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

THE FORUM IS DOWN! Shocked We really need to get it back up. What's wrong with it?

(I know it's in the wrong place. I put it here so it'd be noticable.)

Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Forum is Down Empty Re: Forum is Down

Post  Noitulove Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:16 pm

It's been happening to me for about the past week and, according to the Sporums about everyone else that's visited the forum. I wonder if Sven hijacked it?

Noitulove

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Zim Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 am

But how could he have? And why?

Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post  US_of_Alaska Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm

I think that because Darkov is away right now, there is no one who can access the code. But it does appear that x10 hosting is having problems too, so it might be the server.
US_of_Alaska
US_of_Alaska
Admin

https://evobackup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  US_of_Alaska Sun May 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Also, i have made a false account on the old Evolutions forum to try to contact what people i can, and send them here. I might also see about these 'programmers'...
US_of_Alaska
US_of_Alaska
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 am

Good idea.
I might do that as well.

Why don't we just create a new forum with this hosting? This one is never down, and we can create a completely unique theme as long as someone can work their way around CSS
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  US_of_Alaska Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm

sciocont wrote:Good idea.
I might do that as well.

Why don't we just create a new forum with this hosting? This one is never down, and we can create a completely unique theme as long as someone can work their way around CSS
I think we might have to. It really does seem the safest way to run things. Our current forums are just too unreliable. I'm trying to sort the problem, but once i can get the forums fixed we'll put an announcement thread up saying that we are moving.
US_of_Alaska
US_of_Alaska
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:12 pm

US_of_Alaska wrote:
sciocont wrote:Good idea.
I might do that as well.

I think we might have to. It really does seem the safest way to run things. Our current forums are just too unreliable. I'm trying to sort the problem, but once i can get the forums fixed we'll put an announcement thread up saying that we are moving.
Yes, we really need to get a reliable host. This lace is never down, we should create a standard thrive forum here. We can also add our own themes if someone can code CSS. But essentially our forums can look like bear shit for all i care, they just have to work.
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  US_of_Alaska Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Apparently it is not possible to have two forums registered to the same email, s i can't make the new forums. Sciocont, could you possibly get one made? It'll only take a few minutes. Just go to forummotion and choose create forums.
US_of_Alaska
US_of_Alaska
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Could you find a good skin layout? Then i'll do it. also, do you know phBB?
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  The Uteen Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 am

Just want to check, we're using this forum with different skin, making a new forum on this host, or making a completely new forum?

And yes, I've decided to invade this forum too with my sense and questions and Uteen-ness and stuff like that! lol! By the way, the signatures don't work on this forum... Neutral I can't add my uber sigs! Crying or Very sad
The Uteen
The Uteen

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

We're making a new forum on this host.
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  US_of_Alaska Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am

sciocont wrote:Could you find a good skin layout? Then i'll do it. also, do you know phBB?
There's one skin called proglass that doesn't look too bad. Go with it for starters. I don't know it, but i should be able to try to learn the basics once our internet speed resets in a week or so. The basics. Don't expect much.

EDIT: the hosting provider (x10hosting) still hasn't got back to me on the problems we've been having. I don't know how we're going to contact the rest of the guys. I think Spydr is on the Sporums, so we can grab him from there. Does anybody else know anybody else through any back channels? Zim? Poisson? Darkov's well and truly bailed now, so don't worry about him.
US_of_Alaska
US_of_Alaska
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 am

US_of_Alaska wrote:
sciocont wrote:Could you find a good skin layout? Then i'll do it. also, do you know phBB?
There's one skin called proglass that doesn't look too bad. Go with it for starters. I don't know it, but i should be able to try to learn the basics once our internet speed resets in a week or so. The basics. Don't expect much.

EDIT: the hosting provider (x10hosting) still hasn't got back to me on the problems we've been having. I don't know how we're going to contact the rest of the guys. I think Spydr is on the Sporums, so we can grab him from there. Does anybody else know anybody else through any back channels? Zim? Poisson? Darkov's well and truly bailed now, so don't worry about him.
I don't know how to contact anyone... this is well and truly shit. I think in case of a catastrophe we need to create a community bomb shelter: a rendezvous point, sort of like this one but not secret.

I'll create the new thrive forum.
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 am

sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  The Uteen Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Is there any way of transferring the topics on the other forum over? I don't think any of us would choose to fill a new forum again... No

EDIT: Some other things, the text colour and background need changing (well, so does all the forum, but it's a start Wink ), and the welcome section would be better at the top. (It would be easier to find for newcomers)

Last edited by The Uteen on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Uteen
The Uteen

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 pm

The Uteen wrote:Is there any way of transferring the topics on the other forum over? I don't think any of us would choose to fill a new forum again... No

EDIT: Some other things, the colours need changing (well, so does all the forum, but it's a start), and the welcome section would be better at the top. (It would be easier to find for newcomers) Wink
I don't think there's any way to transfer but to copy and paste.

I've been messing with the colors to see what works best, keep checking every once in a while.

Consider welcome section thing done.

In the meantime go on the chat thing there.
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  sciocont Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:36 pm

I've emailed Invader Zim, Noitulove, Powerkeys, Ben, Icantguessthis, and Commander Keen with the new forum adress. that's most of them, right? We already have 6 users on the site and i sent out 3 or 4 pms on the sporum as well. If all goes well, we should be getting 15 users in the next few days.
sciocont
sciocont

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down